Andrew Abbott's Blog

Wednesday 1 December 2010

Relaunch!


I got out of the habit of updating the blog and in fact never went public with it but something went wrong with give me football last Friday and although the publishers assure me that my build up article for the FA Cup tie against Hereford did go on line on the Friday I didn't see it and I know others didn't see it either but strangely some people did as they had put facebook "likes" on it. I made up my mind then that I would restart the blog and start to publish the address so that people could still have a look even if the article was late or failed to appear. I'm hoping that people will get in the habit of visiting the blog and making comments on it and we can get a bit of dialogue going on it

I did a lot of soul searching after the last article failed to appear, even to the point of thinking I would pack up writing for give me football but I don't want to do that at all. I had an exchange of e mails with the sub editor and that was very encouraging. I was described as one of their best and most reliable writers, which bucked me up no end. The reliable bit refers to a habit some of the other gmf writers have of criticizing players. This is the PFA and that sort of thing is strictly forbidden. You'd think they would know that they are not writing for a fanzine.

It's the Wednesday before the Cheltenham match and I would be extremely surprised if this one went ahead. I usually start a Friday build up on a Wednesday but I feel a bit like Cliff Richard at Wimbledon, nothing much to say and plenty of time to do it. I'm at home although this isn't a snow day I dont think I would have been able to make it to work in Boston. As it happens I was due to go Christmas shopping with my daughter but there are no trains to Nottingham today.
So here we go with the relaunch. I've left the old stuff on, have a look if you like and from now on I'll put all the give me football articles on in their original form, certainly the headline will be different as they always alter that.


No comments:

Post a Comment