Andrew Abbott's Blog

Tuesday 3 August 2010

Winding Down

After a funny old day, wondered where my hilarious article featuring Bob Dorrian and news of friendlies had got to so I e mailed the editorial team. I soon found out, it was no more, didn't get past the editor. Oh well I'm not the first and won't be the last.

Got a sympathetic and complementary e mail in response to my enquiry, I'd had preferred publication and no complements but that's life. I have to appreciate that gmf is a professional publication and although I'm not a professional writer I have to aspire to those writing levels. I'll learn and be a better writer for it.

Put that setback behind me an sent in another story which I had ready, was published without demur ( with a little bit of tinkering, just to show that they read it.)

Sent in a publicity seeking post to BBC 606, hope that will result in some more readers not to mention denunciation by their crazed contributors.

No comments:

Post a Comment