Andrew Abbott's Blog

Tuesday 25 October 2011

So far so good.

I've just listened to one interview but already I like this manager. Let's hope he can deliver on the pitch the way he did in this chat to Imps Player.

"The fans will want to see commitment and the one thing they’ll get from me and my staff is commitment to this football club." David Holdsworth.

There are no points to be gained from an interview of course but confidence can be and if you subscribe to Imps Player you could do worse than watch David Holdsworths first effort in front of the cameras. Yesterday we wrote about a general sense of uncertainty and if the comments received are anything to go by you agree. Holdsworth, for this writer comes across as confident focussed, driven even. Dare we say it might just be that this time we have the right man.


Here’s just a flavour of the interview:-

“It’s a big task and obviously we want to quickly arrest the results and certainly change the mindset of the players. I want to give the people of the club and the City something to cheer about and get a few smiles back on their faces”

“I was brought up with Graham Taylor who was an incredibly disciplined man who brought discipline to the changing room. Every club must have that. My design would be organisation, hard work and a little bit of aggression as I was that kind of player. I like players to compete and I think the fans do.”

“Driving into the City gave me a real buzz. It’s certainly a beautiful area but this club needs to become a fortress. The fans will take part in that. They’ll get behind the players and will see the ethic, the method and the ethos. All I ask from the fans is to continue to support the way they have done.”

“ The Chairman and the Board have made it very very apparent what we haven’t got financially and the predicament we find ourselves in but I’m not bothered about that. That’s no problem. We’ll work within the constraints and the financial limits that we have, given our position.

So there you have it, organisation, hard work, aggression and Graham Taylor’s name dropped in. All of a sudden things don’t seem quite so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment