Andrew Abbott's Blog

Wednesday 14 August 2013

For a start, it’s not too bad.




I’ve always thought it odd that the football season starts in the middle of the school holidays. I’m sure it was different back in the day, being a winter game and all that so it was understandable that the first home game, being on a Tuesday night should rather pass me by as a family do had been arranged.

That was rather a shame, football wise, as an initial home win has been something we’ve not been awfully au fait with lately and that, coupled with the away point gained at Woking gives the start of the season a sort of “unaccustomed as I am” feel to it, not that we’re complaining.

So no first hand account of the game from me other than to reiterate the pleasant glow that comes with four points from two games, even if I wasn’t there to see them. Gentle leg pulling from my colleagues here in Boston that the Imps fans will soon be besieging BBC Radio Lincolnshire with claims of a successful season to come but it was also pointed out that the unimpeachable Steve Evans used to say two points a game equals promotion so that must be right.

I will say that the goal last night looked a tidy finish from Danny Rowe, viewed on Imps Player, a nice change from those blasts over the crossbar that we’ve got used to from players in a similar position. All in all a most satisfactory start but as always the real work is yet to coming starting with the daunting prospect of facing Forest Green. How times have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment