Andrew Abbott's Blog

Thursday 2 October 2014

Opinions split as City make it four points out of six.




I thought it was a cracking game down at Sincil Bank last Tuesday v Gateshead as City did battle against a very robust and purposeful Gateshead who passed the ball well and generally looked the full nine yards. One elderly fan however muttered what a disgrace it all was all the way out of the stadium whilst the majority of the fans applauded. It was the same story on the radio, praise and brickbats.

I sent a text to a friend about halfway through the first half to say we really had our work cut out and yet City did eventually get their noses in front courtesy of Tom Anderson who needed quite a bit of treatment afterwards (I said they were uncompromising) but it didn’t last long and then City and Gateshead proceeded to knock seven bells out of each other in their quest to win the game.

I thought City looked the strongest at the end but there again I would wouldn’t I? Manager Gary Simpson said on BBC Radio Lincolnshire it was a great advert for Conference football and I’d agree with that. It was student night and whilst the pot took a while to come to the boil once it got going it was well worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment