Andrew Abbott's Blog

Monday 14 March 2016

City make up the numbers against Macc.





301 City supporters were at Moss Rose to see City take a point from the game. That’s 18% of the gate and I’d imagine many a club chairman would view any successful promotion campaign from the Imps as highly undesirable. I’ve got a feeling in my water though that we may well be witnessing a very serious push at least for the playoffs next season if the present team can be retained and embellished.

I did feel a bit weary though when looking at the Echo’s website today to see the Chris Moyses detractors are still around with one expert bemoaning the fact that Liam Hearn was out on loan again. I think someone is getting a bit mixed up about who he is supporting, it’s Lincoln City not Manchester. In any event it wouldn’t surprise me if there’s an ulterior motive in Moyses actions. I don’t believe Hearn is part of the plan any more and for all we know the manager may be more comfortable with Hearn out of the way.

Talking of comfortable I’m sure I’m not alone in being quite relaxed about the way the remainder of the season will shape up. I’d like to be like a coiled spring as I contemplate the will they won’t they of City chasing the last remaining playoff berth. I’m not though and the gap between us remains five elusive points. The problem is the other teams, they keep winning.

Nevertheless, as we approach the end of the season and the weather warms up we’re not out of it yet. Saturday afternoons are once again a pleasure with City either chasing wins at Sincil Bank or we can sit in front of the TV reasonably confident that catastrophe will not befall the Imps.

With just four home games remaining it will soon be time to vote in the player of the season awards too and whilst there may have been a lone finisher making his way along the home straight at one time a sizeable bunch of hopefuls are staking their claim at the moment, reflecting the way the season has played out before us.

All in all a far from disastrous winter, despite what some of our number may believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment