Andrew Abbott's Blog

Friday 20 April 2018

Season of the player.



It’s that time again and I see we can now vote for the player of the season on redimps.co.uk. I’ve done just that.

It’s not over yet but what a season our club has given us. Not only cemented our place in the football league but we have become a bigger club before our very eyes. When we went for our day out at Ipswich Town last season I marvelled at the scene outside the stadium with all the people milling about and the feeling of anticipation. Now it’s just the same at Sincil Bank. The crowded pubs, the banter, the big game atmosphere.

With big game atmospheres come big game players and we have several. I’m not going to go through them as you know them and you’ll have your favourites. This is not intended to tell you how to vote but please do vote.

I want to mention a player who for all I know could win the vote and if he does he’ll deserve it, Michael Bostwick. If I didn’t vote for the player I have done I would vote for Bozzie. The reason I haven’t voted for him is I thought he got off to a slow start. He’s more than made up for lost time and is a pleasure to watch. Powerful, skilful and perceptive. One of our best if not the best signing.

I don’t think it will come as any surprise to learn that my vote went to Neal Eardley. He came to us for a fresh start. An injury basket case it was a career that had such promise and a shame it was unfulfilled. He may yet get the chance to play at a much higher level and I hope it’s with us. If he does or even if he doesn’t he’ll have the Cowley brothers to thank.

Somehow the Cowleys put together, with the back room staff at the club a fitness plan to get this wonderful player almost a constant presence. He’s rewarded the club with consistently accomplished performances.

There are others. I don’t want to sound like an end of season review because it could be the best is yet to come but it’s a good time to congratulate the players, all of them on their displays and to thank them for their efforts. Whatever happens it’s been a great season.

No comments:

Post a Comment