Andrew Abbott's Blog

Friday 31 January 2014

This lad’s Conner be a star.




When young Conner Robinson went down in a heap a few weeks ago having only just established himself in the first team I really did fear the worst.

Victim of a shocking tackle that has no place in professional football I wondered that might have been the last of Robinson in an Imps shirt.

I really like this boy and think he will go far, so credit to the club for securing Robinsons future with a new contract.

“I said I wanted to reward the lad," commenting Imps supremo Gary Simpson
"He has gone out on loan to get games and has got himself going and pushed on again.
"He has come back and forced his way into the team and has been playing well.
"As a local lad, we try to look after them and do things right.
"We had an option for another year on Conner but we got it done properly and spoke to his advisors.
"We did everything right and it is great news for everybody."

Simpson has a good record for bringing on talent and moving them on for good fees. I think that may well be the future for this player and I look forward to watching his displays for some time before he secures a move upwards, as I m sure he will.

Quotes taken from The Lincolnshire Echo.

No comments:

Post a Comment