Andrew Abbott's Blog

Thursday 1 October 2015

Nolan to join Wrexham.




I commented a few days ago on Jon Nolans transfer request and said I thought it would be a loan rather that a transfer and sure enough the midfielder is off to spend the rest of the year in Wales where he will link up with former City favourite Sean Newton.

I may be doing Newton down but I thought he looked a shadow of the player that wowed us at Sincil Bank with those marauding runs down the wing. I do understand that players want to improve themselves but Newtons period at Notts County merely showed the player that he wasn’t up to such a big leap in standard and, to my red and white mind, if anything, he’s gone backwards since his glory days with us.

So to Nolan and I think it’s fair to say he hasn’t gained a place in our hearts so to speak. You get the move you want by knuckling down and forcing your manager to not even contemplate leaving you out of the starting eleven and making others sit up and notice so they give you a chance to show what you can do. No manager leaves a player out for the good of his health and in Nolans case his shortcomings are there for all to see. That’s why he doesn’t get regular football.

Nevertheless it would be churlish not to wish him well which I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment