Andrew Abbott's Blog

Friday 27 November 2015

Men behaving badly.





I said yesterday as an Imps fan I keep waiting for the wheels to fall off and sure enough we have the news that Liam Hearn has had his request for a loan transfer to Barrow granted. Chris Moyses has wasted no time in getting a replacement in and in fact the replacement was announced even before Hearns departure was.

I must choose my words carefully here, I and I’m sure many Imps are feeling very bitter over this. City have given Hearn a chance to resurrect his career which has been injury plagued and, to my untutored eye he seems to have been nurtured to fitness to the extent he is starting games and plays as long as the management team feels he is able and effective. I wasn’t at Boreham Wood but judging by the comments I heard from fellow fans effective is not a word you would use to describe his performance on Wednesday and he was duly hauled off. Thursday morning he was on his way.

I don’t blame the club for agreeing to his request. The last thing we need is a sulky player and the best thing to do is get rid and get in someone who does want to buy into our vision. The danger is that the manager of Barrow, having stolen one of our prize assets will now attempt to make it a matching pair and prise away Matt Rhead. Its customary in this blog to wish departing players well but on this occasion I am unable to do so.

I’m going to miss Saturday’s game which as of yesterday I was very loathe to do. All of a sudden a break from football is just the ticket. That’s life, especially for an Imp.

No comments:

Post a Comment