Andrew Abbott's Blog

Saturday 1 December 2018

Happy now?




Lincoln City comfortably disposed of Carlisle United this afternoon at Sincil Bank. Danny Cowley chose to start Matt Rhead and Matt Green. I don’t know what the motivation was but it worked as the Imps swept into the lead in the first minute but failed to capitalise on that lightning fast start.

The Imps showed why that team selection was right and also why, here I risk ruffling a few feathers, why it is hopelessly inadequate for the top end of league two. Don’t get me wrong, I love Matt Rhead. No, really love him. Need my car for your holidays? Just make sure the insurance is sorted. Want my house for a party Matt? Leave the key under the mat. I’ll always be a fan.

Yet, as the game went on as an instrument, City got blunter and blunter. I’ve already used the expression one dimensional but that’s how it felt. When John Akinde and Shay McCartan came on City suddenly came alive. Akinde scored, the crowd showed they were still behind him and when Matt Green went over to congratulate him there wasn’t a dry eye in the house.

So another pay day another exciting evening in front of the telly checking out who we’ll get in the third round, talk about unaccustomed as I am it’s so thrilling. We were told before that the Lincoln City directors particularly wanted a manager who had a good record of progression in the cup. Well we got one.

So we move on. Rhead got a heroes reception, as well he might, Akinde was welcomed on the pitch as one of our own, as well he might. Vickers got man of the match, quite right in my view. Harry Anderson was his enigmatic self, Neal Eardley was back at his best as was Freck. Oh and Bozzy has had a trim.

How do you feel tonight? I feel absolutely brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment