Andrew Abbott's Blog

Monday 28 January 2019

Give a little respect.




I’ve been away for a few days. Scotland, yes very nice thanks for asking. Our accommodation, being co owned by my football buddies wife was equipped with Sky Sports so those of us who wanted to saw the game on Saturday before we went out later.

Now I try to be objective in this blog. I don’t follow the herd, I’ll say if I thought the referee had a poor game but won’t blame him if City lose. I’ll say if I thought the opposition was good and let me say this now, Bury were better than good, they were irresistible.

The TV people had clearly got their own views on how the game ought to pan out. So the pundits, it seemed to me, were either connected to Bury or were wishing them well. Good against evil. Gentlemen verses ruffians. They certainly didn’t expect what they got which was Lincoln City taking the game to Bury in their own back yard and almost coming away with all three points. Almost but not quite. I’m sure I heard the sighs of relief when Bury clawed their way to a point.

Bury looked really really good. I fancy both of us to be in league one next season but City and I would say this wouldn’t I? City looked like champions elect. I was waiting for the they’re good at what they do and long ball comments and I’m sure we got them. City ARE good at what they do. They play the ball to feet when it’s the right thing to do and quickly forward when that’s the correct option. They stand their ground and don’t take prisoners, what’s wrong with that?

Everything listening to that commentary. Praise did come but it was grudging. They looked and looked but couldn’t find anything wrong with the penalty, one of the goals was offside but that decision is the referees, sorry pundits. Complements were heaped on Bury, we did so ourselves but come on, they came from behind three times to snatch a point from us at the death. That, as far as I’m concerned makes Lincoln City a very good side indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment