Andrew Abbott's Blog

Thursday 8 October 2015

Echoes of encouragement.




Lincolnshire Echo’s John Pakey must be in a good mood today as he points out that we Imps ought to all be cheerful as City have had their best start to a season since we dropped out of the league.

I’m not going to spell it all out here, read it for yourself. I share the joy and there’s certainly no sense of dragging yourself out of the armchair to get down to Sincil Bank or on to the away travel bus at the moment.

I was struck by the fact though that Macclesfield had a good win, a better one than us, at Guiseley the other night

So I’m not getting carried away particularly as we go to Chester this weekend, graveyard of many a high hope I seem to recall. I lived in Chester many moons ago and I remember being at a match and I got the feeling that I was the only Imp there but I may be wrong, there was no segregation in those days.

I also commented the other day that City's good fortune is due in no small measure to the scintillating form of one Matt Rhead. If he is not in the side will we still prosper?

I’ll just share a rare moment of good cheer from our sometimes beleaguered chairman, Bob Dorrian who I’ve not always been entirely kind about, particularly on the subject of his PR skills:

"In our first four seasons in this division we finished in the bottom half, but we certainly want to be in the top half of it and hopefully in the top five at the end of this season,I think it's doable this season. We have a great set of lads who are working hard for each other. Everybody inside the club is working hard to bring success to the club, so who knows, perhaps our luck might keep running.”

I’ll second that.

No comments:

Post a Comment