Andrew Abbott's Blog

Tuesday 12 September 2017

The small matter of Forest Green Rovers.




If I read or hear the expression small squad again I’ll scream. Don’t reporters go to school? Three times in the Echo’s latest article, one a quote from our august leader. Yes we have an er, limited availability issue in connection with players. Wasn’t that a conscious decision? We missed out on a player, two others are out on loan but one’s a goalkeeper. We need to get over it.

I don’t expect FGR have any issues with a sm…inadequate roster and I’m willing to wager tonight is a fixture most City supporters would give their eye teeth to win. Perhaps more dangerously I think there is an expectation we will win although no player should express that view in the presence of the manager I’m sure.

City are on a good run of form now, FGR are struggling with the standard of league football, which we know all about. The tide will turn for them but we must hope not just yet as I’m no different to you. I really want to win this one.

Then on Saturday there’s a further game I really want to win. But that’s another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment