Andrew Abbott's Blog

Tuesday 4 October 2016

Clash of the, er, well supported.





I must admit, when I checked the league table I thought Wrexham were rather higher up the table than they are. I caught the tail end of the Non League show on Sky yesterday and comment was made of the manager suffering some gripes from the fans due to recent form so maybe it’s a good time to head to North Wales but there again maybe it’s not.

I would imagine Wrexham would be rueing the fact this is a midweek fixture, if it had been on a Saturday it would have been a real bumper crowd with the two clubs being amongst the best supported in the league.

Much has been made of the impact or otherwise of Tom Champion. I wouldn’t know as I haven’t seen him yet but I would be surprised if there’s much change from Saturday where City put in what I saw described as a workmanlike display to secure the points. Danny Cowley thought we were better than that and so did I but it wasn’t the best I’ve seen from the Imps although of course it’s three points however you look at it.

Lee Beevers is coming in for praise I see in the Echo as well he might. He’s been putting in some great shifts this season and the manager seems particularly pleased with his progress:-

"Lee's done really well from day dot,” The Imps boss told the paper

"His fitness compared to when we first came has been excellent.

"Of all the players, we've possibly had the biggest impact on Lee. Physically he is in really good condition. He's also ridiculously experienced and is a great organiser. He's one of those players who makes the players around him five per cent better.

They say some strange things don’t they? Ridiculously experienced. Well he is fit certainly. When City re signed Beevers I thought, ok as long as he can still run. He can certainly do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment