Andrew Abbott's Blog

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Pointless worrying.




Did you see what I did there? When Lincoln City embarked on a run of four games unbeaten, three of them wins, even though the draw against Cambridge United was pretty dire, if we’re being honest, most of us thought that was the Imps more or less safe for another season. Good job too looking at the next two away games, against Kidderminster and Luton which were tricky to say the least.


Manager, Gary Simpson challenged the team to finish off in style and go the remainder of the season unbeaten. I genuinely believed the Imps could get something from those two games but, as we all now know, all that was gained was rueful experience, City are just not good enough, at least consistently good enough and now were in very familiar territory aren’t we?

The mood has turned, to use an expression very much in vogue at the moment, toxic. There have been various calls for a large turnout for the final home game on Saturday, even a fiver entry to get as many Imps as possible inside Sincil Bank. Undoubtedly there will be a big gate, urging the team on. That’s us, loyal to the last. I personally believe however that City would be better off with just the 1400 diehards who can be expected to turn out on a cold wet Tuesday night in February because I can picture the scene now as City huff and puff to get the goal that will ease their, and the crowds nerves. You can too, as, like me you’ve had more than enough experience of games like this, unfortunately.

I’d rather be on my allotment frankly, those potatoes won’t plant themselves, but I won’t be doing that, I’ll be at Sincil Bank and so will you. Mugs that we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment