Andrew Abbott's Blog

Monday 10 April 2017

Enjoy these moments. If you say so Danny.




I’d quite forgotten what it’s like to be nervously checking on all the results our rivals are posting in connection with a promotion push. Relegation worries are a similar concern but at least there’s not that pit of the stomach dread that goes with them.

One rival in particular is certainly giving us a run for our money and you don’t need me to tell you who that rival is.

In theory, looking at the fixtures, every remaining game is winnable although games against sides fighting for their lives at the foot of the table are never easy and never predictable.

I’m kind of hoping that rout of Solihull by Tranmere might have blown the Merseysiders storm out but I’m not holding my breath. City are consistently winning but not all that convincingly. There’s that game in hand but it needs winning.

I’m really looking forward to tomorrow’s game but I’ve just got this nagging doubt that Chester have been a bogey side for us in the past, right back to Graham Taylors side when they beat us to promotion by the slenderest margin. Now would be a great time for us to register a good convincing win although I can’t say that’s what I expect.

All I can say looking down from the top of the league is a lot better than looking down at the trapdoor but am I enjoying it?

Ask me in few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment